6 Sept 2017

As the Earth Pulses

Nature, I don't get your logic
Not always at least
Why make a flower that wilts
Or an animal that is a beast

We make flowers that keep
We like harmless animals to pet
We like our pathways dry
Not slushy, slippery and wet

You are changing all the time
In cycles and pulsing beats
Life, death, creation, destruction
Form the basis of your tweets

But You have your own rhythm
A pulse that works for you
So maybe instead of resisting
I could adopt that pulse too

If I am part of You
Your heartbeat is also mine
Maybe I could drop logic
And just let my heart fall in line

Nature, I will not resist you
Earth, I’m a facet of you
So as you guide the flowers
Guide my life-cycle too

I will stop complaining
I will stop asking why
I am ending the futile struggle
That only leads me to cry

I’ve noted I am always happier
When the Earth and me is one
So why live in separation
Being Earth is way more fun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive