9 Apr 2010

To my Parents


When I look inside myself
I see both of you there
And I can sense from your presence
How deeply indeed you care

Whether you are near or far
Your life intertwines with mine
That when I have to define myself
There is no clear defining line

Together we live, together we grow
I thank you for your presence
I thank you for gracing my life
Through your loving essence

I pray that all be well with you
No matter where you go
As sparkling blessings gently descend
From the heavens onto you below

I thank you for all you are
And for all you have ever been
I thank you for all that you have done
Which I may or may not have seen

I thank you for your kind efforts
For your selfless love and care
I thank you for the light you shine
And for unconditionally being there

I thank you for knowledge and opportunities
I thank you for wisdom and advice
I thank you for hugs, I thank you for smiles
I thank you for being so nice

I thank you for love and for fun
I thank you for playful times
I thank you for wonderful holidays
I thank you for reading my rhymes

I thank you for teaching and coaching
I thank you for cajoling and pushing
I thank you for hearing and listening
I thank you for holding and comforting

I thank you now, I thank you always
I thank you from deep inside
I thank you for everything we that we share
On this vibrant and colorful ride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive