11 May 2021

Incredible Me

 Incredibly stupid, incredibly adorable

Is the person I have been

Incredibly colourful, incredibly insane

Is the life I have lived and seen 


Incredibly joyous, incredibly painful

Are the emotions I have felt

Incredible are the number of ways

I have let my confidence melt


Incredible are the times I burst

The times I fell apart

Times I believed that someone else

Could actually break my heart


Incredible are the ways in which

Life showed me a new way to see

The miracle I have always been

As the incredibly stupid me 


Context: 

Last night for some reason as I lay in bed I started to get memories of times in my life when I have been super silly and stupid... And even as I remembered them I was in adoration of myself for having had the me - ness, to have been that totally stupid. I could feel love and amusement for those times and for me ❤️. This was a whole new level of acknowledgement for me to step into. - and within minutes it turned into this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive